“Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored”. Earl Nightingale
This idea came about after reading Gabrielle Unions We will need more wine. She was asked by her trainer to name at least ten things that make her happy and she couldn’t figure out what makes her happy. This seemed like a pretty simple question but if you think about it, many people have not yet figured out what makes them happy. If you have no idea about what makes you happy, how will you make yourself happy or create an environment that’s happy?
Happiness comes from self, you only have to know what makes you happy. Knowing what makes you happy is a step to knowing yourself. I am going to be as honest as possible about this .
So in no particular order;
1.My family. Knowing that these people are fine,alive and healthy wherever they are makes me happy. When I talk about family I mean my parents, grand ma, siblings, in-laws( those married to my siblings), cousins I keep in touch with and some of my extended family.
2. Dancing. I love to dance. It doesn’t matter whether i have two left feet. Dancing is dancing!! I dance alone in the house, I pretty much dance everywhere as long as I’m feeling like it. Dancing gets me in the best mood.
3.Having a delicious meal. I love to eat. Especially eating what someone else prepared!!!
4.Reaching out to friends and catching up.
5. Random acts of kindness. Whenever I am in a position to help out, I feel really good about it. It makes me feel like i have been blessed and so I should bless too.
6.Working out. Aerobics and lately lifting weights . There is something about the sweat that makes me so calm. Do I sound weird !!
7.Listening to music. I have no specific genre. I listen to music depending on my mood.
8.Watching movies. A weekend plan where I have series of movies to watch is always a good plan for me.
9. A clean house. I clean my house like once or twice a week. I am happy when my house is clean and neat. It’s not always clean and neat.
10. Sleep. I value my sleep time. That’s all I can say.
11.My blog. This blog right here is my love. The only project I started when I wasn’t sure of what I was doing a few years ago and here I am today.
12.Travelling. I love to travel and discover new things. Travelling upcountry, travelling to the coast, travelling to new destinations . There is this place along the Nairobi Naivasha highway at the rift valley where I love to watch the scenery and just take in the beauty that this country is.
13. Reading inspirational material. I love to be inspired.
14.Watching my nephew J.J smile and my niece Elsie’s laugh. I swear I don’t have a baby fever. There is something about this little man that makes me really calm and happy whenever I hold him. His smile is the most angelic. I think I loved them more because I never really get to spend time with them. Elsie’s laugh is contagious. She is also very intelligent and I feel blessed to be part of her life.
15.Taking pictures and videos of myself. Those who check out my whats app status can attest to this! he he. My phones memory is full because of pictures and videos of myself that I’m not ready to delete. I really need a camera and another phone with a big storage space!
16 Hanging out with friends, catching up over coffee, wine ,or good music and of course food sounds like a really good plan for me. Good company, positive vibes, moshene,good laugh, inspiration talks is equal to a perfect day out with friends.
17. Shopping for dresses. I love shopping and or window shopping for dresses. I almost never stick to my budget when there is a dress I like nearby. I always promise myself that I’m going to get myself some pants but I get myself a dress instead. My love for dresses overtakes my love for shoes, makeup or anything else a lady would want in her wardrobe.
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. Jim Rohn
Can you list at least 10 things that make you happy?
Sending love and positive vibes.♥♥♥